Rhubarbs

I have a rhubarb problem. I had dug them out (or at least I thought I did) and planted cedars in the same location. The rhubarbs came back and are now like 2 feet tall.

What's a good and effective way of getting rid of the rhubarbs without risking the cedars?

Thanks!

Reply to
Amy Fong

gregpresley

The message from Amy Fong contains these words:

Just keep pulling off the leaves and stalks whenever they appear; they will snap off at ground level. The roots won't survive long without leaves providing photosynthesis, and you can just leave them in the ground to decompose harmlessly into humus.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Glyophosate (round-up) is simple, fast, and effective.

Reply to
Andrew Ostrander

Just tell your neighbors they can have all the rhubarb they can pick, whenever it pops up.

Bob

thought I did)

and are

without