Rhubarbs

I have a rhubarb problem. I had dug them out (or at least I thought I did) and planted cedars in the same location. The rhubarbs came back and are now like 2 feet tall.
What's a good and effective way of getting rid of the rhubarbs without risking the cedars?
Thanks!
I don't know how to get rid of them (I dug out a big clump to give to my brother, and had some come back in the same area a year later). However, in time, the cedars will make dense shade, and that will finally do in the rhubarb. ..

Just keep pulling off the leaves and stalks whenever they appear; they will snap off at ground level. The roots won't survive long without leaves providing photosynthesis, and you can just leave them in the ground to decompose harmlessly into humus.
Janet
Glyophosate (round-up) is simple, fast, and effective.

Just tell your neighbors they can have all the rhubarb they can pick, whenever it pops up.
Bob

thought I did)

and are

without