Recommendation for online Hemerocallis source?

I am thinking about reworking one of my flower beds primarily with daylilies. I haven't found many good local sources (I'm fairly new to the area). Can anyone recommend some good online sources? I was daydreaming over my White Flower Farm catalog today, but previous experience tells me they are probably as sky-high on their daylilies as they are on most of their other offerings, so I'd definitely like to shop around.
Thanks in advance! Jo Ann

Check your yellow pages. The best prices are not found online in my experience. Almost all our perennials came from places like WalMart, Home Depot, Lowe's, local nurseries, Old Time Pottery, flea markets, friends, relatives and neighbors. I mentioned I liked cannas to a neighbor and she brought me a bag full of tubers when she thinned her canna beds a few months later.

I'd look about your neighborhood for trades.
Consider http://www.fairweathergardens.com /
Bill
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Jo Ann wrote:

Check the dealers at www.davesgarden.com There is a rating system there.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

I have always had good luck with daylilies ordered from songsparrow.com in Wisconsin. They send large divisions, and usually throw in some freebies on large orders.
Jo Ann wrote:

Oddly enough, eBay.
Best regards, Bob

I have been doing the same thing this year with a new-ish bed - mostly daylilies. I have bought some locally, but decided to get some online (my Mother, in a different state, wanted to buy some named for me and my daughter - how lucky is that to find both? - as Mother's Day gifts). After both of us looking online, she ordered them from www.oakesdaylilies.com and both of us were *thrilled* with their selection, their prices, their method and timeliness of shipping, the plants themselves - everything. My lilies, planted in May, are blooming now.
My step-Mom saw the website after I ordered, ordered a few types, and was also very satisfied with the whole shebang - they're all gorgeous, too.
So... two sets of thumbs up for Oakes.
Judy
On 7/2/06 6:58 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@h44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Jo Ann"

Where are you first? Then check here
http://www.daylilies.org/AHSsource.html
On 7/3/06 8:45 AM, in article C0CE898E.5C37D% snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net,

Sorry - hit the send key too soon!
You should be able to find a local grower who will have reasonable prices.
Cheryl
Jo Ann wrote:

Oakes is excellent. They are "just up the road" from me and I've seen their operation and the quality of their stock. I've not done a lot of comparisons of prices but theirs doesn't seem as shocking as White's. Of course I've got the advantage of being able to order and then drive up a couple of days later to pick up my plants but given the unkillable nature of the plants I doubt that any sort of reasonable shipping conditions would hurt them.
http://www.oakesdaylilies.com/supplier/home.php?id=s000
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

I've had great luck with plants from Oakes as well
Cheryl
Jo Ann wrote:

Jo Ann,
Where do you live?
There are any number of great places to buy locally in New England. I'm an easy drive from three, two of which have a very wide assortment of cultivars. The best one is in Deerfield, MA on River Road.
I don't like mail ordering because the pictures often don't look like the plant. In fact, I won't buy day lillies that aren't in bloom, now, because that's the only way I can really know what they're going to look like.
--Jenny