Re: World's Largest Blooming Flower in D.C.

Every time this plant blooms, the same misinformation abounds.
http://www.botanical-online.com/thebiggestflower.htm
Amorphophallus titanicum has the world's largest inflorescence not flower.
The tiny flowers are crowded around the base of the phallic-looking spadix.
The world's largest flower is Raffesia arnoldii.

will we get pictures of this flower from someone?
-- read and post daily, it works! rosie
if past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. ............................................ warren buffett

rosie readandpost wrote:

BTW, Plant Delights did sell this in spring of this year, and may do so again.
Suja

Uh, I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but the USBG has photos (still and time-lapse) on their web site, and a link to their site accompanied the article that jrstark mentioned.
BTW, the USBG site was very responsive last night but is being very sluggish today. I suspect that it's getting a lot more traffic than usual!
Patty