Re: What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

Will you at least tell me what the cult is I'm supposed to subscribe to?

What religion? I'm an atheist. What are you talking about? Oh, the science of the mind? How would you know anything about that? Don't you need a functioning mind in order to know the science behind it?

Nah, just having a laugh. I didn't really save your post. Just kidding. But sheesh, it sure did get you to sit up straight.

Land Grant Universities are owned by the agchem industry. The only one I know of which remotely has come to their senses is Texas A&M, which finally did a study on turf grass fertilization and which products work the best. Well, ding dong, the 8-2-4 of certified organic fertilizer outperformed them all.

Reply to
animaux

Victoria, I don't really care *what* rationalization you use to avoid the truth. If it wasn't this it would be something else. The bottom line is that, as always, your statement of fact (in this case about the article) was false.

billo

Reply to
Bill Oliver

Ferchrissakes...here.

Jason Quick

[lucid, reasoned commentary snipped]

How dare you invade their pissing match! Who do you think you are, trying to introduce intelligent discussion here? Sheesh, some people...

Jason

Reply to
Jason Quick

You still don't know shit about gardening. Even a basic understanding of soil biology would lead you to the truth. Truth is hard to find when you are surrounded by Monsanto money!

Reply to
vegan

In article , vegan of soil biology would lead you to the truth. Truth is hard to find

Pretty pathetic, Tom. Not only do you run and hide when I ask the same questions of you that you cyberstalked to get from me. Now you try to hide behind a sock puppet. It takes a special kind of person to try to hide behind an anonymous ID to engage in personal attacks.

And you, obviously, are that kind of special person. By the way, you don't do it very well. A stalker

*and* a coward.

Your hypocrisy is even worse than I thought.

Who do you work for, Tom? Remember, Tom,

*you* are the one who thinks this is important -- when you're not hiding behind a sock puppet, that is.

How much money do you make every year pushing your anti-science agenda?

What are *your* credentials?

And, of course, my scientific challenge stands -- one single article that shows that Roundup is dangerous to humans when used as directed. Just one.

billo

Reply to
Bill Oliver

In article , vegan clueless about gardening and Roundup use...the good Dr. doesn't know

Yes it is. Your hypocrisy, your commercial interests in anti-roundup hysteria, your attempt to hide your identity, your lack of any scientific basis, and your pathetic attempt at personal attack are pretty plain.

Indeed, Tom.

The jig *is* up.

billo

Reply to
Bill Oliver

The "hunting down" was not done by me. It was done by those who, lacking any scientific basis, decided to try to dig up dirt on me -- and, failing that, made things up.

Then you have not been reading this thread.

First, *no* experiment can show *anything* to be "safe" to your definition. If you apply that standard, the *everything* is life-threatening. In fact, all studies have shown that toxic effects require very high doses or very long incubations. What kind of study, for example, would you require?

Second, the studies were not all done by Monsanto.

Third, if it were "just" that they don't like Monsanto, it would not be necessary to engage in the attempts at personal destruction that paghat, animaux, Tom, and their ilk specialize in. This is not just a matter of them disagreeing with the scientific literature, this thier attempt at witch-burning.

Your memory is faulty. If you read the thread you will notice that the personal attacks started from *day one* with paghat, et al. accusing me of being in the pay of Monsanto, attacking my integrity, etc. There was no "subconscious" misreading here.

Maybe you should be counselling paghat, animaux, Tom, et al.

billo

Reply to
Bill Oliver

Okay, so, like, there was this, um, you know, animaux , who was all, "You go girl," and then went:

gawd. whoosh.

Reply to
gekko

gekko responded:

Mind telling me what:

gawd. woosh.

means?

Reply to
animaux

now and then. But I am a retired ironworker, and several years back worked at a plant locally that made 'roundup'. It is a chemical that has to be respected. One of the workers got it on his arm, and by the time he "knew it" he was burned very bad. Like I said, I was a consturction worker there, we were making revisions. I still don't know the makeup of roundup, but if I am around it I'm very careful. Just my two cents, C. L.

Reply to
kc5cqa

Hi, animaux ! I'm responding to your message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, which you posted to rec.gardens on 27 Aug 2003:

Certainly.

"gawd" is a dialectical pronounciation of the word "God", which is often used as an expletive to indicate an emotional response ranging anywhere from awe to disgust. In this specific case, its intent was to indicate incredulity.

"whoosh" (note correct spelling) is an onomatopoeic word. In this case, it is being used to suggest the sound of a rushing passage of air as though something went whisking over your head.

HTH.

HAND.

Reply to
gekko

Oh, so in other words, you had nothing to add or debate, so you used some silly words. I see.

Yeah, over my head. More like, out of the radar of the living.

Reply to
animaux

Nothing to add? How can anyone add anything worth reading to that mishmash of high-toned incomprehension you composed?

You really ought not diminish yourself so. I'm sure you're a fine gardner, for example.

Reply to
gekko

gardening has been hard this year with the weird weather we're supposed to have a sunny day for the first time in >20 days (but i guess the weather has been equally dreary also elsewhere?) my parents are going to help me clean my pond tomorrow i have empty it (2500 gallons), catch all the fish, move them to a holding tank, vaccuum the sludge from the bottom, scrub the liner, refill, replace fish.

i will be doing all the cleaning and associated labor dad will be supervising mama is vice president in charge of catching fish-- times like this i wish i had a video camera

mk5000

"First century - Spoke by turn (1 Cor. 14:27) Today - All speak together today in mass confusion First century - No interpreter? - Silence (1 Cor 14:28)"--sensei shaolin

Reply to
marika

Putting Roundup on our arms is not "used as directed" so Roundup is not considered toxic at all according to Bill Oliver's insisting on "used as directed" condition :)

(That means sulfuric acid H2SO4 and hydrofluoric acid HF are pretty safe if we use them "as directed")

Anyway, if you can provide more information about the case in the plant, including dates, locations, and else, others might find more about the safety of Roundup. It is not documented in a scientific journal as Bill demanded, but that provides something the gardeners are looking for.

Reply to
Siberian Husky

Roundup is sprayed in such a manner that it is entirely probable that it will come into contact with skin, it does get inhaled. Humans and animals are very likely to come into contact with sprayed plants as well and get transfer contact. Neither sulfuric nor HF are sprayed in that manner, it is not directed to be used in that manner. The safety of products is tested not just for the majority of people, but the vast majority and for children, who are often much more sensitive. And products must not be safe only for occasional use, but must be safe for those who are using it all the time. A reason many pesticides can only be used by people licensed to do so. Those who's work is applying these pesticides are at the highest risk and why shouldnt they be protected from high and cumulative toxic effects? The only way to assess risk of toxicity is in animals who are given high and cumulative doses. There is very good scientific reasons for the methodology. Past experience with toxins that have slipped thru lesser testing methods has been a painful lesson to the science community. DDT and thalidomide and DES and PCBs not to mention HRT and the long term effect on women. The tests have to get more stringent, not less. But what is sprayed and dumped into the environment has a much greater likely hood of getting into the water supply, a much greater likely hood of persistence and poisoning for generations compared to pills taken by some individuals. This is the poisoning of earth just so a few companies can make some humongous short term profits. Ingrid

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Siberian Husky) wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo