Re: Vine that will grow under a black walnut....

As a side note, I read that sometimes Black Walnuts are grafted onto other root stock (or vis versa?), so you may not have any problems or have less severe problems than cited for pure black walnuts.
To again not answer your question, I've heard of people painting chain link fences green with good effect.
-- Salty

Heh -- not this one. I brought this home as a twig on Arbor Day from elementary school about 25-30 years ago. :) (And Mom never thought it would survive -- it's now 70 or so feet tall. <Grin>)
James

Here's the question though -- just how close to the black walnut are these plants?
James

It's not "the" black walnut tree; it's a mini-forest with trees between 3' and 60' tall pretty much all over the perimeter of the back "yard." As I said, ivy grows up the trunks, honeysuckle twines all over, etc., etc.

Hmmmmmm...I hadn't really considered Morning Glory. That's not a bad idea for this area.
Thanks!
James
"paghat" wrote in message> .

Ouch! True, but ouch! A neighbor fenced in about 3 acres for his horses, uses that white prefab stuff. I can't wait to see how pretty it looks in a few years...
-- Wendy* in N. California, who actually doesn't mind chain link fences, atleast they are not PLASTIC!!!!
"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it." Mae West
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:24:12 GMT, "Sunflower"

What a good idea! How are these types with regard to high humidity and consequent black spot-type diseases? As long as I have you on the line and am too lazy to Google, is there a difference between multiflora and floribunda?