Re: Repairing washed out hydroseed

An even better suggestion than checking the forecast is providing some sort of interim erosion control. Howsomever, you should be able to fill in and reseed just fine. For a really even coverage, overfill the crevices onto the grass beside them, and tamp or roll the area to an even layer before seeding.

Chris Owens

steve butcher wrote:

> I just had "Mother Nature" give me a lesson! Check the forecast before > hydroseeding. I laid 4"-5" of nice new loam over my 2000sf front yard, > planted many a bush, and hydroseeded the whole thing. The problem is this: > Although the lawn is coming in great, I have many "crevices", where the > rain not only washed the hydroseed away, but also all the loam beneath it. > Should I just start all over and sod the whole thing or would it be good > enough to fill all the crevices with new loam and seed those portions that > were washed out? I am concerned that when the lawn has fully grown, I might > be able to notice where I repaired the wash out. Money is not my concern as > I just want a full, thick, healthy lawn for next year. I live in > Massachusetts if that helps. > > Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide me.
Reply to
Chris Owens