Re: LINDEN Or LIME-TREE

<< Subject: Re: LINDEN Or LIME-TREE >><BR><BR>
"In all Denmark there is no more luscious month than the one when the lime trees come into bloom. They have a scent of hay, honey and holy incense."
Isak Dinesen
Also the national tree of Czechoslovakia. I haven't dared ask how the tree was "divided" in 1993 when the two countries separated.
It's amazing how insignificant a little sprig of "lipa" looks and smells...and how people and bees nearly swoon under the influence of a big one in full bloom, like the ones at the Mala Strana exit from the Prague subway.
zemedelec
Whet I was a child in Arizona there was a drive near our house that had orange trees. It was a real treat to drive down that road when they were in bloom.
Shell

tree was

smells...and