Re: Anyone know how to make poppers?

Try a 'stuffed jalapenos' search at cooks.com, you'll get a nice variety of recipes and ideas you've never thought of.
BLueCoBra -- A computer once beat in a game of chess. But it was no match for me in kick boxing.

Poppers are easy to make, but the ones you get at resturants are made with pickled jalapenos. The pickling makes them a little softer for biting into and makes them alot milder. Basically, you cut the tops off of them, get the crap out of the inside, fill it with cream cheese. Then you dip the suckers in a mixture of beaten eggs with a little bit of milk. Next roll them in flour, then in breadcrumbs. Pop them in the fryer at about 375 to 400 for a few minutes. If you are using fresh jalapenos they will be WAY hotter than the ones you are used to but should still be tasty. now all ya need is some of that wierd hot berry sauce and youre all set :)
Toad
We've had success breading morel mushrooms and freezing them. (We pick them by the bushel-full in rural Iowa timber every year.) Dip them in egg, and then roll in cracker crumbs and freeze separately on a cookie sheet before placing in zipper bags. Then, we can fry them straight from the freezer.
I'm sure you could do poppers the same way. Making me hungry!
--
-- pelirojaroja
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:36:36 GMT, Jack Straw

As I understand it from other discussions, the main problem is getting batter to stick to the slick jalapeno skin. Roughing up with sandpaper has been suggested. And of course, roasting and skinning before battering/breading would do, too.
Search Google for "jalapeno poppers" recipe
On 22 Aug 2003 00:51:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Allview) wrote:

Try some Atomic Buffalo Turds. I've heard they're mighty tasty. I'm sorry I can't vouch for them myself yet, but I'm anxious to try them soon. One recipe can be found at http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/sides0297.htm and there's many more showing up on Google.

Caught a fragment of 'Emeril' last night -- segment called "Baked, not fried." So if you don't *have* to deep-fry 'em, check out
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_em/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9959_21174,00.html
(Also methods/recipes for baked potato and sweet-potato chips. Wonder if this would work for taro, too.)