Raspberries

Don't know if this is the correct group for this, but I'll ask anyway. A week ago Sunday, I purchased a pint of raspberries in the local big box food market. This past Sunday, when I was shopping again, I realized the raspberries where still in the frig and that I had forgotten all about them. Going home and expecting to find a box of moldy fruit, I was surprised to find them in the same good condition that I bought them and just finished eating the last of them today.
My question is, are there some varieties that are bred to last in stores for a week or more or was there something spayed on the berries to preserve them? I know the July berries I grow won't last more than 2-3 days in the frig.
Thanks JAB

Yes, there are varieties bred for better shipping qualities. Same for strawberries, tomatoes and other crops. And, like other delicate produce, it's best to find just the right balance of dryness and air circulation. Don't wash them until you're about to eat them.

We always hand picked and ate them. Survivors were either frozen or boiled in sugar aka JAM. I've been known to layer fruit with sugar and brandy for Dec 25 time +- three months. This is in the past b4 heart stuff.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade Beware Of THINK LIKE THIS

I don't think home grown berries are supposed to make it into the house. :-)