Rain Dance

Odes anyone out there have a really effective rain dance?
-Tim In every case, take the high road

I usually find that if I run the sprinkler all over the garden for a day, it rains the next day. :)

or
Wash your car.
--
Billy
On 6/29/07 12:27 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.connect.net.au, "Billy

An outside spit turtle, soaker hose, car wash party. Sorry, got carried away.
It is odd though. Here in northern California, we normally go from May 1st to Nov. 1st without rain. After an exceptionally heavy rain last year, water rationing is now being imposed. Southern California usually just does on washing their cars and watering their lawns and, local home construction continues unabated. I get the feeling that this will soon be called the "Great Redwood Desert".
--
Billy
wrote:*snip*

Better contact Fragile Warrior and ask for some *magic* spit............cause I've come to the conclusion that spit turtle don't work for just anybody, anywhere. LOL Still waiting for a good drencher............... Rae
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Hang out laundry.

A place to start. The Book of the Hopi. Might not have dance instructions per say but the value of creating Micro climates to grow food may be of interest. Each few corn plants hilled in such a a way to capture morning dew. This in a very dry land. Deals with a belief system that sort of infers that our fertilely is influenced by our mind. Duality similar to some Buddhist ideas. I'm getting out of my league here so will shut up.
(Amazon.com product link shortened) 1/102-9391882-1140908?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid83126264&sr=1-1
or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2zx22z
Got me going back for a reread.
Thanks!
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:22:06 -0400, William Wagner

OT, but I've been meaning to ask. What is your association with the above site? I'm not trying to pry or get too personal here. The reason I ask, an older friend is suffering from macular degeneration and is becoming quite depressed because he has had to give up driving and several of his other hobbies. He was here for a visit today and had to be driven. I might refer this aid to him.
Charlie

I've two sons with premature Macular degradation also called Stargardt's disease. Ocutech device was the only thing that helped when they wear it which is not often. Doesn't look stylish but it enabled being able to see the blackboard. Not great for reading but low vision doctor's may help with that. Cost is US $ 1500 each. Conventional glasses don't work as their center vision is gone. Think portable telescope.
Erik is 28 and had vision problems since age 14.
Kurt is 26 and was able to drive 1 year his hit at age 18.
Bill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargardt's_disease
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Tim wrote:

I need a stop the rain dance...in Dallas, think we are pushing 12 inches for the month of June so far.
Lar