Question on Crocus Re: The first crocuses!!!

Madgardener,
Glad and cherr for you!
I bought my first crocus 4" pot on Feb.8 from home depot and put it by a window facing northeast. BTW, I'm in SF bay area and unfornately I dno't have a garden. It has flowered for a week. BUt I noticed that the pedals of several purple flowers started to be papery and the flower heads seemed too heavy to be supported. Now I only have two normal flowers standing and the other five flowers are papery and look bad. I always kept the soil moist. I'm wondering whether this is normal. Do I water too much? Does the flower only have 1 week's time? The life is soo short. Is there anything I can do? Or, have to wait for next year?
Thanks a lot, Tiff
I'm afraid that the flower lifespan of a crocus IS very short, Tiff. I think they last about 2 weeks in the garden, if conditions are ideal. (cool, sunny, not too windy, etc). In a pot, in a heated dry house, I think 1 week is about all you could probably expect.

I tend to agree.............now the only thing you can do since you live in an apartment is take the pot of crocus and plant them somewhere........and next year be surprised when they pop their little heads outa the soil (plant them where you'd see them of course......one little pot of crocus won't kill anyone if you planted it under a tree or bush or something) madgardener encouraging random acts of flowers