Question aboutmixture for killing japanese bettles

Page 2 of 2

Yes this will work. I would not think you need to reapply it unless it rains. I hand remove the beetles using a wide mouth jar and 1/2" of warm soapy water. When disturbed most beetles drop straight into the jar and quickly drown. Seven may kill beneficial insects such as ladybugs and spiders so use sparingly. Our J.beetle infestation lasts about 2 weeks, then subsides. What others say, the milky spore application did absolutely nothing, making it a waste of time and money for my gardens.

When I was in the spraying game we considered using Sevin to protect Monterey pines from borer beetles after pruning, however state regulations required(among other things) that we notify all beekeepers within a five mile radius. We found some other solution
If you do decide to use Sevin read, understand and follow the label.
You really should consult a licensed pest control advisor and hire a licence applicator. Then if something goes wrong you won't be alone in court.
--

09=ix