question about starting seeds nad lighting...

hi- now that the basement is somewhat cleaned and cleared up, i thought it might be neat to start some perennials and veggies--my question--on a budget, what do i need for a lighting and warmth system??? ive got a great handyman of a hubby in my corner, so' i'd like to look like i have a clue when i "suggest"....

also..what are some fairly easy perennials to start with? i'm hoping coneflowers on the list.....

betsey betsey "we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"

Reply to
Two x over

A heating pad, trays and seed starter pots, 4' fluorescent lights... all available at a good gardening shop. Should run you about $100-$150.

Reply to
Steve & Erin