Question about getting seeds from Balloon Flower

My father tried to get me some seeds from his Balloon Flower (platycodon grandiflorum) in July by cutting off the seed pod while it was still green with the flower wilted, but still attached and not yet dried up.
I don't think there are any seeds in the 'pod' and am thinking he might have to wait until the pod turns brown and dries while still attached to the plant.
Am I correct?
Thanks!
Joy
Joy wrote:

Joy,
Yes, you are correct. The seeds are not fully developed until the pod is almost brown. It is really best to let them on the plant until they are completely brown.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years
Joy wrote:

easiest ways to propagate them is to divide them. It will look like you have totally killed the plant, but lo & behold, next year, it will come back with a vengence. I started out with 1 little planted, & it has divided itself, plus, I have done some dividing myself into many many plants.