Pro-Mix

Does anyone here use Pro-Mix as a general purpose potting soil for container plants (annuals, houseplants)?
Two garden centers in my area swear by it, but when either dry or wet the consistency doesn't seem right for a wide range of plants.

I've got a bale of the stuff sitting out in the back yard which I am intending to use for a raised bed - but also because I have some fern spores which require a soilless mix for sprouting and I'm using it straight for that project. As for the raised bed, I was advised when I bought it to mix it at a ratio of 1:3 Promix to compost. Dora