Polination

Hi,
After reading http://pollinator.com/ it seems that I could use some bees. However, I have an adjacent neighbor living on a small plot of land who has 2 kids. How far away should a small colony of honey bees be kept from their property?
Thanks, Ed
Hi Ed, I think your local ordinances might dictate the hive placement. Here are a couple of web sites to look at:
http://www.pbcgov.com/pubsafety/animal/page17.htm
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/bees/5792.html
and the best article of all:
http://www.beeculture.com/beeculture/months/03aug/03aug2.htm