Plse identify this tree....

I am in Texas, and there is a tree here that is not very common, but there are some around. It is an evergreen, but nothing like a pine, they are sort of like a 50-80 ft. tall bush. It doesn't have conventional "leaves". It has the finest, most feathery foliage of any tree I have ever seen... it's like feathery stalks, and the foliage extends almost down to ground level. Reminds you of a Peacocks' plume, the way the stalks of foliage grow. The foliage is always a dark green. You see these trees growing in rows a lot as a windbreak. The tree grows very tall, but doesn't have a wide canopy. They create very dense shade. I think they like water, as I see them often growing on the edge of ponds (no, it is not Cypress!) I thought it was called Cottonwood, but then I found an actual Cottonwood pic on-line and it is nothing like a Cottonwood tree. I would like to get some for my back fence, but I don't know what to ask for. Any idea what it is?
I should add that they are non-flowering, and the trunk and branches grow almost completely straight/vertically.

It will have had flowers though you might not have noticed them. Could have been inconspicuous. Non-flowering plants are from the ferns downwards. Best Wishes.

Leyland Cypress? Cupressocyparis leylandii.
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

Tamarisk comes to mind.
http://www.nps.gov/whsa/tamarisk.htm
http://www.cpluhna.nau.edu/Biota/tamarisk.htm
I did an image search on Google, I can't say that I have ever seen it growing like those pictures.
--

- Charles
-

er...why is the webpage in greek??

Just lucky? It is in English on my machine.
--

- Charles
-