plants for shade

I'm new to gardening and would appreciate some advie on what to plant in deep shaded area Alex
snipped-for-privacy@aemail4u.com (alex) wrote:

You'll have to tell us the zone you're in to get a list that'd for sure be practical for where you live. But I'll hazard you're somewhere temperate, & you could grow western bleeding-hearts (Dicentra formosa), which are much smaller than old-fashioned bleeding hearts but don't have the summer die-back. There are many cultivars; here's one of mine: http://www.paghat.com/dicentraformosa.html
Among ferns there are so many good ones, but unusual hardy evergreen variety is Arachnoides simplicior "Variegata", Variegated Holly Fern, which has a yellow stripe right down the center of each frond: http://www.paghat.com/variegatedshieldfern.html
-paghat the ratgirl