Pinging catus experts

About three weeks ago I planted a catus found in a local nursery. Don't know what kind it is, but it has three slender stalks that are about 3 feet high. I live in the San Bernardino area of Southern Calif. and planted it with a mixture of soil admentment and native soil(sand). It has since started turning from the original green color to a yellowish color. I watered it well after planting. I am wondering if this yellowing color of the stalks might be normal till it gets established or if there is something else I should do to help it along. It gets sun from about mid morning on. Thanks for any advise. The catus looks similar to this only, smaller aand fewer ribs with smaller thorns. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2397431710013950391kZXOtc
--
Paul O.

Resist the temptation to water a cactus after transplanting, for at least 3-4 weeks. What was this secret "amendment" you added? Check for rot.
Paul O.