pines & raspberries

I recall reading something about not planting raspberries with pine trees and now I can't find it. Anyone know the reason? Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Lobo

Raspberries do develop rust. Perhaps I'm wrong but I've never heard of raspberries being an alternate host of diseases affecting pines. We had thickets of wild raspberries growing around pines in northern MN, and none of the pines seemed to suffer any ill effects.

BTW, gooseberries and currents are an alternate host for white pine blister rust, and cedars are an alternate host for apple rust.

JPS

Reply to
B & J