Phormium again

Okay, I find it hard to believe that online there is only one place which sells these mail order, and I'm not sure if it's only for wholesale or not.
Why can't people put this info on their homepage for immediate reading by us poor saps looking for some plants?
Anyone know a reliable source for buying these mail order?
thanks, Victoria

did you see
http://www.foxtailfarms.com /
Janet
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:20:14 GMT, Janet Baraclough

Yes, but it appears to be wholesale. I sent an email yesterday and hope to buy one of each of their bare root cuttings.
thanks
Jangchub wrote:

Found these at davesgarden;
http://davesgarden.com/ps/go/2450 /
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:26:41 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thanks, but the plants in gallon containers for 20 dollars plus shipping seems extremely steep, considering how easy it is to propagate these.
I found out that in three weeks one of the better garden centers will have a few forms. I'll see what they have. I'm patient.
Janet, do you have seeds? If so I can pay for all shipping and send you some seeds I have for other things.

Sorry, I didn't bother to collect any seed in 2006. I'll save some next autumn if you like (you'll need to remind me).
I've got two that set seed, one is the big monster purple tenax I described earlier. The other, is P "yellow wave" (I think). However, I've found yellow wave didn't do from seed. They germinated okay but the first leaves were so pale they seemed unable to photosynthesise, and died. Tricolour flowers well but doesn't set seed, wonder why that is.
Janet.
Jangchub wrote:

There's about 12 domestic sources for seeds and plants on ebay.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 03:40:51 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan

When I searched on eBay as I always do, and I also sell seeds on eBay I didn't find any plants. Can you give me links to plants? I prefer not to fart around with seeds.
After years of being a professional grower, the last thing I now want to do is seeds. I much prefer propagation by division which is why I think Phormium is wonderful. If I can get enough varieties I can fund my plant addiction every spring by providing plants to the nurseries we all shop at.
Jangchub wrote:

There are also some plantlets out of the UK listed. Try putting ' phormium ' in the search window.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:26:16 GMT, Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Well, 32 dollars for a gallon plant, and shipping is ridiculous. Not to mention I'd prefer to buy plants cultivated in the United States. I don't believe we can ship commercial plants from other countries without permits. I'm not sure.
Thank you very much for your imput, it is well appreciated. Victoria