pampass grass

(am i spelling pampas correctly?)
I bought a miniature one some years ago and planted it in the middle o my front lawn. Turns out i have been missold because it is huge now about ten feet tall? and is starting to fill the whole front garden! Is there any way i can contain it
-- SNUGASABUGXXX
On Oct 16, 11:58 am, SNUGASABUGXXX <SNUGASABUGXXX.

Yes one s is correct.
Put on a suit of armor Cut it down with a chainsaw Burn whatever remains in the ground!
It could be a dwarf, a full sized plant can get to 20 feet tall and 15 feet across, nasty thing It is exteremely invasive on the coast of California.
Emilie NorCal
mleblanca;754606 Wrote:

Thankyou for your reply - I just wanted to contain it - ie stop i getting any bigger. but i think you might be right - best get rid o it altogether! i think this is a job for hubby
-- SNUGASABUGXXX
To contain it you need to dig down around the plant and insert something aroung the roots. I flower pot with the bottom cut out would work. If the plant is to tall to get the pot over the top of the plant you will need to use something you can wrap aroung the root ball. The plant is putting out runners and with a barier it will not spread.
Ann
--

"SNUGASABUGXXX" < snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk...