OT...Shen Yun Performing Arts

I'm looking at Feb 22 in Philadelphia.

A true break in our winter blues I hope.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Fran

Thanks for the observation . I thought these folks were from mainland china but with the winds of china and USA shifting I may have to study more. If they are from Taiwan and claim to portray classical china bogus would be a word to use. Like Israel and Palestine many words and it disturbs me that the arts are used to push propaganda. But are that not always. I love what I think portrays ancient mind but my vision is no doubt clouded. Still I trust some translations dealing with Chinese thought guess as it rings true and gives an image of life that resonates in the garden and what being a scholar can be.

Su Tungpo poem Pu suan tzu

A fragment moon hangs from the bare tung tree The water clock runs out, all is still Who sees the dim figure come and go alone Misty, indistinct, the shadow of a lone wild goose?

Startled, she gets up, looks back With longing no one sees And will not settle on any of the cold branches Along the chill and lonely beach

Su Tung-po

Reply to
Bill who putters