OT Back online...what's been happening??

Six weeks, hundreds of dollars and countless hours on the phone to tech support later and I finally have a working computer again - YAHOO!! But all bookmarks, email addresses and any saved email/newsgroup messages have now gone to that great computer in the sky. Any of you regulars (and you know who you are!) care to update me on the latest and send me an email, I'd be most appreciative :-)) I've missed you all!
pam - gardengal
Hi Pam! Welcome back!
I've been laying low, so much going on here............
ALways good to see your posts though! Go YAnkees!
Love caryn "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Welcome back, Pam....... were you absent for the Great Roundup War of 2003?
Dave

<<kicks dirt>> <<scowls>> <said in a Homer Simpson tone>
Stupid Yankees
~LeeAnne -yeah, I'm somewhere near Boston-

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:50:37 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"

And your backup schedule is...? :-) I fear I don't practice what I preach, but regular backups can save you a lot of grief. People ask "how often" and I reply "how much are you willing to lose?"
The news here (SE Virginia) was hurricane Isabel that knocked down trees, flooded low-lying areas in Tidewater (the name isn't a fiction) and N. Carolina, and knocked out power for a couple million people. 9+ days chez nous with no lights, computer, 'fridge, etc. Sooo happy to have a number of black walnut trees down with only minor damage to roof and chimney. And to have found a moderately-priced contractor to remove same. It was like living in a time warp for 2 weeks.
See:
http://oldewythe.org/isabel.htm
for some snapshots. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to get pics of neighborhood cookouts and people helping one another righting and bracing (small) downed trees. Must check to see if a next door Arborvitae has uncurled yet -- the winds gave it a sort of swooping permanent wave.
I discovered that robins like dogwood berries. Every year, vast flocks of black birds (blackbirds? grackles? don't know) come through, land in hundreds on each dogwood, and strip every single berry in about 10 minutes, dropping an average of 3 on the ground. The storm, just slightly pre-blackbird invasion, knocked a lot of berries to the ground and robins were busy.
Glad to see you back.
Hey, well, you didn't miss anything. I was wondering where you were.
Victoria
opined:

Yep, it doesn't look like I missed much (and David I did catch a large portion of the "Great Roundup War" - hope it didn't go on too much longer :-)) But I have certainly felt out of touch not being able to access my regular newsgroups - didn't realize what an addiction they had become. Got a lot of work done, tho!!
Vic, send me an email if you can - my address book is long gone and I don't have your unfiltered addy any longer.

Shore enuff. Anyway, we all survived the glyphosate debate, and Marilyn may be moving to New Mexico (and she's freaking out, I think!!), Zhan checked in for a minute, we've had the usual misinformation, information and off topic, cross posts from hell...but really, you have just been caught up.
Now I will email you.
opined: