Non Blumming Iris

I have lots of these that do not flower-what am I doing wrong?

Reply to
Josie Galloway

Josie,

Are you Irises crowded? I need to divide mine every five years (or so) to keep them blooming. Irises planted too deep won't bloom or have reduced blooming. Also, how much sun do your Irises get? Too much shade reduces their blooming.

Depending on your soil, they may need a little food. Light composing early in the season works very well for Irises.

Reply to
Bill R

Iris need to be split every 3-5 years and any that have bloomed already should either be thrown away as they won't bloom again, or put them in a spot in the garden where they can continue to produce side rhizomes which you then split off and replant.

Reply to
FarmI

Are these rhizome iris (e.g., bearded iris) or are these bulb iris (e.g., "Dutch" iris)?

Reply to
David E. Ross

Oh bullshit, you haven't a clue... irises grow best crowded. Farm1 is a LIAR. a dirty smelly stinking liar... instead of flapping your lying tongue show us your irises.. you can't you friggin' LIAR! You've never grown so much as a dandilion ,you don't own so much as teaspoon of earth to grow anything... LIAR! I don't think any of the regular posters here have ever grown anything, except with their keyboards. If not for Google Farm1 wouldn't know what an iris looks like.. here, I'll loan you some of mine... LIAR!

These are today's irises, they grow just fine crowded:

brooklyn1

Poor old Shelly. You really have flipped your wig but all that spittle on your chin from all that frothing at the mouth doesn't look very attractive.

Mop up and grow up.

Reply to
FarmI