Need plant for a screen.

I would like to cover the electric and gas meters with a light, airy screen. Right now I am using Nandina ( Heavenly Bamboo) but it is constantly covered with powdery mildew. Spraying only helps temporarily.
I decided to replace the nandina with something similar, fairly tall and narrow: 2' wide and 5 ' tall. Any suggestions for Southern California, zone 10?
Thanks for any input
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

"Walter R." wrote:

Try Myrtus communis 'Compacta' (a dwarf myrtle).
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean