Nasturtium germination

Hello.
I sowed some nasturtium seeds around three weeks ago and as there is no sign of them I had a look at a couple of the seeds, which are still sound and show no sign of germinating.
Is this just a question of time or is it possible I have a bad lot?
Thanks
Neil
--
Ennnceee

Ennnceee wrote:

Neil,
Nasturtiums have tough "shells" and often take a long time to sprout. You can shorten the time by soaking them in warm water for about 12 hours before planting them. Also, "nicking" them (use a fingernail file to nick the shell) before putting them in warm water helps shorten the germination time too.
Since you have already planted your seeds I would just let them be and in a few weeks you should see some them sprout.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

Around here we have the opposite problem, they all sprout and can be weedy
-- Prunedale California Prunetuckey-By-The-Slough Near Monterey Bay and Elkhorn Slough