Nasturtium question

Started this plant from seeds this spring. It's doing well and blooming in a container on our patio where it gets sunshine in abundance. Lately the plant has developed many yellow leafs, at the bottom as well as elsewhere in its foliage. This does not seem to have hindered its growth or flower buds, and looks otherwise "healthy"... What could be the cause of the yellowing leafs ? It has been very hot and humid here in S.Ontario for many weeks. Excessive watering ? Needs fertilizing ? Too high heat or too much sun ? Thanks ! B.T.

Reply to
Ben Tuinman

Mine too. Seems to just be leaves getting old. Reach inside and pinch them off, leaving no stem to get brown & ugly. Give the plants some liquid fertilizer, like fish emulsion, diluted MORE than recommended.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Yellow leaves at the bottom of a plant usually means that the plan needs nitrogen. It starts to spread up the plant if its nitrogen need are not met. I suspect some fertiliser which includes micronutrient (not just the big 3, Nitrogen phosphorus and Potassium) will be all i needs. Do not add fertiliser if the soil is dry and the temperature are above 30 C. It will burn the plant

-- rudbeckia

Reply to
rudbeckia