Narcissus (Daffodil) leaves

Hello, friends in the gardening world. Someone accidentally cut off the leaves of my narcissus at ground level. I was letting them die naturally to fertilize the bulbs, because I read that was the right thing to do. Is there something, such as some kind of fertilizer that I could apply to make up for the fact that the leaves have been cut off? Will they ever bloom again? This year was the first year they bloomed after a lot of labor to get the bulbs in last fall!
--
Marilyn
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

That is the first year... from a bulb's perspective :))
Forget about it and be surprised next year. Reading about is OK but making mistakes and learning why sometimes superior.
I'd add not planting in a straight in case rodents like your bulbs. Naturalizing is the term/ idea.
OK to make many mistakes !!
Bill of many !
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

No.

Yes, though if they lose their leaves too early. possibly they will not flower the next spring. They would just make leaves, fatten up a new bulb, and flower the year after.
Still, after the flowers have finished, the leaves are only needed for about 6 weeks (to feed the bulb for next year) and its now July. So probably, yours will be okay.
Janet
--
Isle of Arran Open Gardens weekend 21,22,23 July 2006
5 UKP three-day adult ticket (funds go to island charities) buys entry

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, all. It's great to have a place to go for novice questions like mine.