naming rights

My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have inherited her vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper. What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named after her. Her name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born). Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy naming rights? Ingrid
inherited her

her. Her

naming rights?

I dont have an answer for you, but I am sorry you lost your mother. I hope you heal in Gods time, and that her memory lives on in those gardens you have inherited.
chaz

inherited her

after her. Her

naming rights?

Water Gardening Society (www.iwgs.org) auctioned off naming rights to a water lily -- just one, these rights having been donated by some mucklymuck in the society (Texas hybridizer Kenneth Landon) -- & the first bidder was willing to pay $2,500 -- putting the kabosh on anyone else making a bid.
For daylilies I'd bet if you contacted hybridizers & made them an offer, they'd be eager to make an extra thousand dollars if you made an offer, & the name Zlata would be especially apropos. Perhaps you could contact some through the American Hemerocallis Society (www.daylilies.org) who could give you information on obtaining naming rights or at least a list of hybridizers.
-paggers

< snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@news-server.wi.rr.com...
that would possibly be Oaks Daylilies in Knoxville. I'll see if I can find their phone number and address for you, or look in the ads in Horticulture and Fine Garden. They have their ad in both of them. Possibly in Garden Design too. They are HUGE and have all sorts of their hybrids. You'll probably be able to get them to do this. My love to you and I know your mom is at peace and gardening in a perfect place now, no weeds, no pests, just perfect and awesome flowers and bushes and trees. ((hug)) madgardener
--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.