my plant is dying - please help

About 2 months ago we bought a beautiful "Tetrastigma voinierianum" also known as "chestnut vine" or "lizard vine". We placed it in shadowy spot and it immediately started growing new branches. So we were happy that the plant feels ok. But now, it is getting a lot of yellow leafs that eventually dry out and drop off. It looks liek the plant is dying. We do not know why. It still grows new branches but the core of its mature leafs goes away. Is theer anything we can do to stop that process ? Thank you. Marek.
How about telling us where you are on the planet?
What do you mean by a "shadowy spot"? Is it a place frequented by shadowy characters in a spy saga?