Mums changing colour

I have one chrysanthemum in my garden. This year, it began to bud very early (in June); I removed the buds. In no time it began to bud again. This morning I noticed four flowers on it. They're white with yellow centres, like a typical daisy. The thing is, this plant has always had bright, hot pink flowers. What could account for the early -- and off-coloured -- blooming? Is there any chance it might bloom again in autumn if I remove the spent flowers?
Thanks for any input.
SueG Zone 5a Ontario, Canada
Sue most do begin blooming early. Depends on the weather. Snip off the flowers and they will come back in the fall. As for the color, might be a hybrid? Hot Pink is not a normal color for them/
--

Betsy
"SueG" < snipped-for-privacy@susan-gardner.com> wrote in message
Thanks, Betsy -- I appreciate your response. This mum is in its third year, and it's always been a blazing pink. Strange, eh?
Sue ----- Recently, betsyb wrote:

I have had hot purple petunias for 4 seasons and not they are not so hot, just purple.