Mulch

Would I have any problems mulching my vegetable garden (for weed control) with dry grass clippings from my compost pile? I would like to spread it on about six inches thick. Thanks
The only problems would be if the grass is not totally dry, and you get that matting effect as the center turns into a smelly gooey black mass, as well as the possibility that you are transferring weed seeds into the veggie garden.
Dave