Mimosa trees in Texas

I'm building a house in the Dallas area and have a 5 foot extra long drive way which I'm going to put Mimosa trees 3 on each side so they can grow and touch each other over the drive way and I'll trim them to create a tunnel effect so when I drive my car into my garage I'll be driving through a tunnel of flowery
Mimosa trees. Sounds pretty nice. What's the downside?
Richard
:) Mimosa trees. Sounds pretty nice. What's the downside? :) :) They can be a messy tree, constantly dripping sap...they are a low branching tree so it may be some work to train it to look like you want..they are considered a short lived tree so if one dies 10 years from now it can mess up the long term look you pictured...if you are planting close to the structure they will constantly be in need of timing away from the structure to help keep branch rubbing damage along with a number of ant species that live in the trees that will now bridge onto the structure. The smell of the decomposing blooms from one tree can be an issue much less numerous trees that will probably now build up against the garage in a thick blanket.
What would you recommend?
says...

They are very invasive. They put up shoots in your yard 30 to 50 ft from the tree. This is usually overcome by mowing regularly, but I just didnt like them that much.
Dwayne

drive

the

5 Foot driveway?
Mimosa trees shed flower seeds, sap and petals 24/7 in the flowering season. I hope you have no problem washing your car and driveway daily. You will need to clean your air compresser coils every two weeks. In the fall they have large messy seed pods.
How about some nice vase-shaped crepe myrtles? I assume that they are perfectly hardy in Dallas, and with fewer unpleasant side effects than mimosas. There are many varieties - you'd be looking for one of the taller "tree-form" types, and you'd want to prune it to allow the outer trunks/suckers to grow. They might not exactly meet overhead, but they'd cast shade and make a nice flowering entrance to your home for several months each summer. Another flowering option would be kohlreutia golden raintree, although the pods might be messy and the bloom period shorter. Still another would be redbud. It has a graceful form - although, again, the bloom period is relatively brief.