Mimmosa Tree

Page 1 of 2
I am searching for seeds by this Mimmosa Tree. Used to have one at my last home and dearly love to grow more of them at my new home. Can someone send me or tell me where I could get some help looking or getting this seed.
Jrwolf
Does someone have seeds to this tree or know where I could find some. This is a beautiful tree and holds very special place for me too. Could some one help with finding the seeds?
Sure that you want Mimosa and not Albizzia julibrissan (Silktree)?
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
I wonder if this is what you are thinking about http://www.comfsm.fm/~dleeling/angio/mimosa.html Rather than http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/4026/1
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

Do you mean that nasty weed that is growing all over around here, spreading seeds wildly and crowding out native species, and is just about impossible to kill? I'd have to wonder why anybody would want one but you can certainly dig up all you could carry away from my area and everyone would thank you for taking them. You could take some of the Paulownia tomentosa with you too.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

www.ttdown.com wrote:

I think they are beautiful, too. Just didn't know what they were called until I saw the pictures.
amy

http://www.invasive.org/eastern/species/3004.html
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

this was but after looking in The Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch it seemed to be the one. My neighbor called it something else, and she seems to know more about what grows over here than I do. The pods that this tree puts out are a problem. One year of the drought we have here they even ended up in the neighbors yards and were just a pain to rake away. Last year there were not so many. I wouldn't have planted that tree myself, but we're stuck with it for now and it is pretty.
Could you possibly send me at least 20 to 30 pods of seeds. If so I should get with you from reg. e-mail . I would gladly pay for you to send them to me.
Jrwolf
On 20 May 2004 20:15:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Skirmishd) wrote:

These trees are also known as a Silk Tree by the way but we do't see any around here for me to start some for my yard.
Jrwolf On 20 May 2004 20:15:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Skirmishd) wrote:

Albizia (mimosa) is marginally hardy in zone 6 (meaning it might be killed in the rare severe winter) and not hardy without a lot of protection in zone 5. If you are in zone 5 or lower, you will not see any mimosas around, because they can't survive the harsh winters. I have a friend with a mimosa here in Spokane (zone 5/6) in a very protected spot - it survives, but usually dies back to the roots every winter - it has yet to flower in its sixth year in the ground.
(Skirmishd) wrote:

tree
seemed
know
we
that
The tree survived just fine here and flowers every year before it was taken down. I know alot of you think I'm crazy for wanting this tree but I work with the one I had and it turned into almost like a Bonsai tree for me which I enjoyed many afternoon reading and enjoying my yard. People to alot of others this tree is a weed or what ever, but to me all I am asking for is some seed, that's all. I thank you all for you answers and help I really do. But as a person who's joy is now in my yard and what I see out a window due to my handicap is the world to me. I get to stand some days about four hours on and off my legs and my yard and plantsand my white sheperd are my full enjoyment, please understand why I am asking for seed.
I will pay a COD or shipping somehow I just want to enjoy my yard my way is all.
Sincerely,
Jrwolf
On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:41:23 -0700, "gregpresley"

Richter's Herbs has Mimosa seeds for sale. Here's the url:
http://www.richters.com
Just do a search for "mimosa" and you'll see it.
Personally, I think there's no more enchanting smell in the world than that of mimosa blossoms on a misty morning. I understand quite well why you'd want one, invasive or not, they soothe the soul.
Good luck with it!
Casey
On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:12:33 -0500, www.ttdown.com

Thank you so much I have ordered my seeds and smiling away. Thank you again to everyone.
On Fri, 21 May 2004 10:32:14 -0400, Casey Stevens

I have Many Seeds now on relitives trees I also have 12 1 ft tall trees
Yeah BBBBaby,
Its a real weed tree, isn't it?
Why not send your seeds to KKKKKKKatmandu?
Is it getting CCCChilly in here or what?