Mantis Compost twin

Hi everyone,

I bought the Mantis Compost Twin, and did it for a very specific reason. Since we're strict vegetarians, be have quite a bit of kitchen scraps every day, and I have been composting just fine for years. The problem is rats. We have those big fruit rats here in Florida, and believe me, they are obnoxious as hell, getting into the house and everywhere. It's been a nightmare but finally got the critters under control.

But still the daily load of veggies is a really great treat, so I need rat-proof composting. Open pits will not work. I have tried about everything.

The Mantis product looks good. I just received it, opened it up, and I think it will keep the rats out [believe me you get to be an expert in this].

I wanted to know if anyone had experience with this unit. It looks kinda, well, chintzy, in the sense that much of the structural strength comes from having the pieces together, you know?

So I wonder if anyone has one, and has had it operating for a few years?

Michael Spencer

Reply to
michael