Limnanthes douglasii in limbo

I'm growing Limnanthes douglasii (poached-egg flower) this year.....sown in various spots in the garden in mid-April. It germinated fairly quickly and I've now got many very small plants that seem to have ceased any further development. The plants seem healthy enough but there's no sign of blooms or continued leafy growth. They've had cold, they've had hot, they've had wet, they've had dry.....and everything in between. I've even got some in pots. All have been at the same stage for at least the last month. Anyone know what's up with this? All I can think is that I started them too late.
Best, Tyra nNJ usa z7
Hi Tyra, I tried limnanthes this year too, and while mine flowered, the flowers were late, sparse, and bloomed for only a short period. I planted them in late March. I'm in the inland Northwest, so I thought my climate would suit them, but I suspect they need a little more marine-air influence to do really well. The flowers are charming, but they disappeared next to the other wild flowers I had nearby - (California poppies, nemophilia, linaria, shirley poppies, godetia, alyssum, etc). Also, some sort of bug apparently liked to eat the edges of the flowers, so I rarely saw an entire well-formed flower. I would say that mine began to bloom about June 15th, and were mostly done blooming by July 7th. I won't pull up the plants unless they turn to straw, on the chance that they may rebloom when the weather cools down in September - but I'm not optimistic.

Thanks for the input, Greg. If we hadn't had such a cool wet spring/early summer here, I wouldn't have held out hope for the plants for so long (and they probably wouldn't have lasted if we'd gone to heat as early as we sometimes do.....). Since they've been hangin' in there, I guess I'll still hold out some hope for them. I know they prefer misty-moisty climates but they seemed worth the try. I've still got some seeds in the packet and I may sow them in the autumn and see what happens in the spring, if I don't get any blooms to reseed.
Best, Tyra nNJ usa z7