Lily leaves turned white after planting

Planted 5 White Bressingham African Lillies yesterday and today the last 3 to 4 inches of the leaves have turned white and droopy. I had topdressed this bed with topsoil and pine mulch in spring, but there was still a bit of decaying old pine straw in the bed left from a year or two ago. Otherwise, it is strictly zone 7 clay underneath.

I'm guessing the pine has something to do with this? Should I pull them out tonight, clip the dead ends and replant in just topsoil?

The dozen Stella D'Oro daylillies I planted with them still look happy for the moment.

Reply to
jo