Lawn Pest Problem

Thanks. Yes, I realize they are different types of chemicals.

Tell me, then, why agricultural chemical plumes are also traced miles from their source, if they are so good at binding to the soil. And, nobody said "quickly". Furthermore, it doesn't matter how fast they move. They do move.

Why?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

yard".

> > ok, stepping down from my portable soapbox for a moment lets

Myrl This is an excellent book. Interesting and informative. Everyone should read it. I got it from the library, and just finished it. And I will probably be buying it for my own garden library.

Also- I no longer have any lawn and have not had one for about 10 years. As I "met" more and more interesting plants and just had to see what they would do, I kept chopping away at more and more of the lawn. When it got to the point that it took longer for my husband to push the mower to the front yard than for him to mow it, the remainder went bye- bye and I haven't missed it at all! Two neighbors have also removed their lawn and a couple of others have just postage stamp remains of theirs.

(And No, you are not a menace LOL Youre willing to listen and learn, that's what's important)

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

yard".

> > > ok, stepping down from my portable soapbox for a moment lets

Interestingly, I was having those thoughts about the front yard, just awhile ago. I could put in a few mounds, and have some nice plants, and ground covers.

The backyard, I would like to keep in lawn, but that's where most of the darned worms and moles are. I'd surrender to taking out the lawn, except I have an enormous family. 4 grown kids, their spouses, 7 grandkids, etc., etc. . .When they come to visit, the back lawn looks is the overflow area!

Reply to
Myrl

Once again many factors to consider... are these plumes traced back to a 10,000 sq foot neighborhood lot or a farm that may be treating many sq acres if not miles of land in a rather short period of time that may even have natural water sources traveling through the treatment area..are these plumes trace amounts that is from technology finding parts per trillion (can't think of any solutions that is considered harmful at a rate of PPT) or the noted plumes are amounts that has rendered the area they were found in, be it water or land, now a chemical waste land. Is the source of the plumes from proper usage of a product or was it mis applied, illegally dumped or part of an industrial accident..

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Indirect answer: If someone is tracking chemical plumes in groundwater, there is a reason, and it's usually because someone has found a problem that is greater than parts per million. Strange smells, well water which fails standard safety test, that sort of thing.

What sort of work did you do, or DID you do before retirement?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LOL..."look honey..it looks like Lar is one of "them""

I have another 20 years before retirement age and if the work I do really matters, I have been posting on this group along with several related groups for years now, it should be easy enough to find me stating my work status many times over out there. But personally I wouldn't bother...does it really matter?

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Your comments about the chemical plume example suggested that you were thoroughly familiar with the general subject of underground contamination, so I was curious about whether your job was associated with that in some way.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Pesticides

symplastless