Lavender

We live in zone 5, and were wondering if our lavender needs to be cut back at this time of year? We planted it last year, and it has grown to about 12 inches. Much obliged.....Ben
On 4/7/2016 4:28 PM, BeTu wrote:

Lavender does not require trimming unless it is becoming too leggy. However, you can trim it to improve its appearance.
Wait until all likelihood of frost is past. When you cut a branch, either remove the entire branch or else leave some live foliage below the cut.
A bare branch will die without sending out new shoots. This is true of the entire salvia family, including lavender, sage, mint, rosemary, oregano, and a few other herbs, both woody and non-woody perennials.
--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice
On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 8:22:36 AM UTC-7, David E. Ross wrote:

Whaddya mean "not necessarily positive". Masterpiece of understatement. I didn't think I had any influence Up There, but it seems my prayer has been answered. Next....!
BeTu wrote:

we've never trimmed back lavender here. it just keeps getting bigger until we decide to replace it with a new plant.
songbird
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 7:28:19 PM UTC-4, BeTu wrote:

Thanks everyone!