Large-plant seeds? ? ?

Recently I ordered from India some seeds for a large blooming shrub called osmanthus fragrens, or sweet olive, or tea olive.

These seeds are black, in a husk, about the size of grapefruit seeds.

They arrived with no planting instructions. I welcome any guidance on how to plant and water these seeds.

Also, how long does it take for germination?

Reply to
Ray

A simple search on propagation of Osmanthus seeds showed this and dozens of others:

Seed - best sown as soon as it is ripe in a coldframe[200]. Stored seed probably germinates best if it is given 3 months warm then 3 months cold stratification before sowing[113]. The seed usually takes

6 - 18 months to germinate, it should be pricked out into individual pots when it is large enough to handle. Grow the plants on for their first winter in the greenhouse and plant them out in early summer.
Reply to
Jangchub

Thanks -- that's helpful.

Reply to