kittens, safety, Diatomaceous Earth

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:18:38 GMT, "Travis"

Not by me. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving birth to kittens.
Add pictures here
✖
me. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving

now hang on, if I decide to raise a female and let her get pregnant and have her first litter, I'll wind up keeping probably all her kids. I like having a few cats around. I'm actually down to three and that's the lowest amount of cats I've had in decades. The most dogs, and no more, I'm still holding at two, as Sugar and Sméagol is all I can take.
But I just lost my oldest female, Pye and now I just have fixed males. But eventually I'll miss having a female cat around and I've actually considered getting one that I didn't fix just to have a few kittens. I've missed it.
So not to berage you, but you can believe that not everyone is as responsible as me to let a female have a batch of kittens. Where as the asshole across the driveway is allowing his cats to interbreed again and it's becoming quite a mess over there.
One of the reasons that Polluxx was out in the pastures during the violent thunderstorm and lightening we had when he dissappeared for seven days and just got back last Sunday blind in one eye and mentally messed up from whatever harrowing experience he had while he was missing. There are a lot of unfixed cats of both genders procreating across my driveway.
I hope youse don't think of me as disgusting because I want to have a female and possibly a batch of kittens. I might even change my mind later on. I just love the whole thing.
maddie
Add pictures here
✖

Why not adopt a bunch of kittens? There are literally millions of animals put down each year, many of them kittens.
✖
. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving

Why? If cats were artificailly prevented from all breeding, they would die out. Surely, to a Buddhist like yourself, all life forms are worthy of existence and their own spiritual karma?
Janet
Add pictures here
✖

I agree and support that neutering feral populations of starving diseased cats reduces suffering. However, that does not mean that all pet cats have to be prevented from breeding. If someone is prepared to be responsible for their kittens' lifetime feeding and health, there is no reason at all why you should censure that choice.
I am not throwing your religious beliefs in your face, Victoria, but you frequently cite them here as back-up for some sanctimonious snipe at someone else, choosing to put them in the public domain for our consideration. So when you lapse from grace, I'm afraid it attracts some amusement. Rather like watching a fat lady lumbering round in circles shrieking "look at me, I'm a very slim and graceful ballet dancer you clodhoppers, oh yes I am so I am"..just as she falls flat on her arse in a cowpat, making shit fly.
Janet.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:58:51 +0100, Janet Baraclough

um, yeah, that can be funny, but why would buddhism be incompatible with spaying? I'm not a buddha yet, but I see Victoria acting out of compassion for the animals that get killed by shelters daily and it makes sense to me. And if you don't buy that, spay and neuter to limit the spread of disease that accompanies excessive feral cat/dog populations.
obgardening: the pussy willows are lovely this year, no?
✖
pussy willows are lovely this year, no?

I think the year's crop of Cattails in the ditches and edges of the cow ponds are beautiful right now................. madgardener
Add pictures here
✖
I support the nurting/spaying of mixed breed cats, heck I've saved some, had the operation done and found them good loving homes. Right now I've got 3 males awaiting for the funds to build up to have it done. But at the same time I am a breeder of pure breed cats, I've bred and shown Japanese Bobtails, and the ones that I sell to people go with agreements to have them fixed too and the over all number has not been great as I only use one queen once every 18 months. They also go with CFA papers too. Have you ever been to a cat show? I'd guess not, because then you would know and might even understand more about the world of the true cat breeders, and I'm not talking about the people who let strays hang around or don't care for their cats.
One of the ones I have awaiting their vist to the vets is an old boy, he was around this trailer park for at lest 5 years after being left behind by someone who got kicked out. He more or less rules the area, but other males have come in or grown up here and his age was not helping. So after many trys and as many months, this last winter I was able to trap him. He now lives in my small side bedroom after cutting off all his matted fur and healing the old battle scars & such. He'll now live out his life inside and being cared for.
Akumaizer Cattery Japanese Bobtails since 1974

Telescope Buyers FAQ
✖
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:03:10 -0700, "Starlord"

I'm not fond of breeding cats and dogs. I would never go to a cat show.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. I can easily get behind that. It's nothing personal about not being fond of breeding. We are coming from different worlds, but both obviously love animals. We have that in common.
victoria
Add pictures here
✖

That's strange. When I asked you on Thursday about the Buddhist path in relation to your judgmental comment to another poster you replied
>>>Don't throw that shit in my face, it won't fly. (snip) Don't >>>pretend to know what

Some explanation of your "path".
Janet.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:07:10 +0100, Janet Baraclough

]You didn't ask for an explanation. You used it to suit yourself. Do me a favor Janet, forget I exist.
Add pictures here
✖