Italian prunes

Italian prune trees prefer full sun?
They may prefer it, but my Italian Plum was loaded with good fruit this year and it is only getting partial sun. It is on dwarf rootstock and I live in the Midwest, zone 5.
Sherwin Dubren
Mogie wrote:

Most fruit trees require "full sun", which usually translates into 6 to 8 hours of sunlight (at least that is what my fruit tree catalogs say).
Dwayne