Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

Page 7 of 7

Look around. Someone in the area will have one. Hire him.
IF you don't come up with a better method, at least get a chainsaw extender so that you are further away from the spray.
Goats, by the way (I used to raise them), will eat the leaves and softer stems, not the woody vines. If the leaves are hard to reach, they may not bother, but if they do, the trampling of the vines also helps.
They may chew on the bark of the vines--that part I can't remember. They did like the bark of some trees, but I don't remember whether they liked poison oak bark. (It was thirty years ago)
--
Wes Groleau

Guidelines for judging others:
On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:35:25 -0500, Wes Groleau wrote:

Hi Wes, Wow. You have a lot of good information!
If they chew on the bark, there's no way they're not exposed to the urushiol in huge amounts!
Here is a full-sized picture of what's just under the bark on a small vine, of the type they might chew on. They must have amazing guts!

On 01-09-2013 01:22, Danny D. wrote:

Well, remember your posts about changing the chemical structure. Hydrochloric acid and whatever else is in goats' stomachs would probably do that.
And they don't chew much at first. Like cows, they pick and swallow rapidly, then they relax somewhere, cough it back up and chew it thoroughly.
--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed