Is Growmore burning my plants?

About two weeks ago I carried out a spring fertilizing with growmore, and today I see some plants struggling. As for my hydranger, about two feet tall now, its new shoots are turning black and melting down. My thymes are turning black. My lavendars look dead, with no shoots but just stems brown inside out. But there are other plants doing fine. I was trying to figure out what is going on and realized that I gave too much growmore.
To hydranger and lavendars I gave a fistful and piled it up mostly around the center of the plant. To thyme I gave much less but poured it right in the center. Is this too much? Then can you tell me what is the right amount?
Thank you very much.
--
jineu21

Use about half the amount that you will find in the directions. Chemical fertilizers may be OK for pots, but overall, I'd suggest organic fish emulsion, or horse manure.
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in