idea for madgardener

I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought. Perhaps you are already doing that. Deb :-)

She is already working on using the library computer. Since her posts have stopped I'm assuming she's been cut off - I'm going to call her in the morning to check on her.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I tried that today - nothing is connected. I will keep trying. She will let us know when things are connected again or if she has gained access somewhere. I hope.
gloria in hemlock hollow

Hmmm, no phone? I thought it was just the internet part. I'll let you know if I get through.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Telepathy or carrier pigeon? :-)
Didn't she say the phone service is being disconnected?
Janet

I misunderstood what she'd said. They had separate lines coming into the house for phone and internet, I thought just the internet lines were being disconnected. I didn't realize all lines were going - they weren't with the same company when I was down there visiting a few years ago, John had business lines she was using.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
thistletoes wrote:

Maddie is using the library computer but has no USENET access.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

she can get to usenet thru google. http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gardens/topics?lnk=rgh or just type in google "rec.gardens google groups"
she has to sign in is all... Ingrid
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:33:30 GMT, Travis