ID this woody vine

Can anyone help id this vine:

'm in zone 6, NJ, USA. It develops long woody shoots that wind their way up into the trees. Most of the vines are up to 1/2" diameter, but I found one that was about 2". It's growth habits seem too aggressive for it to be a native, and I think contributed to a few trees blowing down in storms.

Reply to
Joe

The "fruit" in the first picture appears to be/is similar to Gooseberry, but I've never known Gooseberry to be a vining plant.

The leaves in the third picture actually look like Kudzu, but since they don't match the leaves in the first picture, I'm presuming it's not actually your vine.

Reply to
Mark

The second vine(bottom 3 pictures) looks like american bittersweet, Celastrus scandens. Dead giveaway is the yellowing on the leaves from below, probably frim euonymus scale. Not sure on the first one.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372

Alice B