ID This

Given that I am currently trying to find groundcover plants for embankments in my garden I have been taking a look at what has worked for my neighbors. One of the flowers that have caught my eye are orange with yellow anthers, about an inch across. The leaves are oval and vaguely resemble the leaves of Sage. The plant grows about 3" of the ground. My neighbor has not been able to tell me much about it except that she bought it in a garden center in 1993 and it has been flowering ever since.

A search on the Internet brought up one possible candidate - Potentilla Fruitcosa. I'd be most grateful to anyone who could tell me if I am right.

Reply to
FredAt

In message , FredAt writes

Potentilla fruticosa is usually a shrub with a height of 1-3 feet.

Identifying plants from cursory descriptions is unreliable, but Helianthemum (e.g. 'Fire Dragon') might be a better guess.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Potentilla fruticosa grows to about 3 feet, so I doubt if it is that. There are herbaceous Potentilla which are much less in height.

Reply to
Owdboggy

Thanks. I looked up Helianthemum - it looks like the perfect fit. From the images I have checked on the Internet the leaf & flower descriptions tally perfectly.

Reply to
FredAt