ID Please

I like it but I've no idea what it is:
http://i44.tinypic.com/330babn.jpg
Thanks.
On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 21:43:13 GMT, "brooklyn1"

http://www.plantcare.com/encyclopedia/chenille-plant-8.aspx
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1821 /

gorgeous plant.
brooklyn1 wrote:

Google: Chenille Plant, Red-Hot Cattail Acalypha hispida'
Yours is a very healthy looking specimen. Typically as many others, it's a houseplant in a temperate climate but grows as a perennial shrub in the tropics.
gloria p

Thank you. My tenant is a school teacher who works at a plant nursery summers.... it's her plant. Too bad it won't endure the Catskill winters.

I was just admiring my Ma-in-laws same plant variety on the weekend. she has grown in in her last 4 houses as a pot plant and she's manged to keep it alive for the last 10 years that she has lived in a very frosty climate. She has it outside but growing in a roofed 3 sided small verandah.