ID plant please

Hi,
This plant is actually at my brother's house here near Cleveland, Ohio. He thought this may be a melon of some type at first, as he's also growing cantaloupes (started from seed early June), but now he doesn't think so on this one. Here's 2 pics taken September 3, 2007. Thanks much.
http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/bwanadon100/Plant2.jpg

a melon? first, it's not a vine & second, the flowers (when it had flowers. those are seed pods) looked nothing like a melon. they probably resembled either hibiscus or powderpuffs... i'd say a mallow of some type. lee

In case anyone else found those snipped URLs a bit hard to deal with, they were of Velvetleaf: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abutilon_theophrasti
That would indeed seem to match the photos.

Thanks much everyone! I'll pass this info on to my brother.